Effective as of 25th July 2018
What Data Do We Collect And How Do We Use Your Data?
To use our Website, App and Services, we need the following data:
• Your name
• Your age
• Your date of birth
• Your gender
• Your address
• Your residence
• Your phone number
• Your e-mail address
• Your IP-address
• Your payment details
We can also store the following non-personal data if you use our Website:
• Your travel destination
• Your travel motivation
• The amount of travellers
• The travel dates
• Your vehicle information
• Your nationality
• Your profile description
• Your send and received messages
We save the following data to your account: usernames and passwords. We also save – for your own convenience – the data of former orders.
It is possible that the provider of social media sends us information (according to his policy), if you use social media functions on our Website. That can be your name, profile picture, gender, friends list and other information that you provided. If you don’t want the social media provider to send us the information, you can change the privacy settings on your social-media account. If you like an item, that item will appear on your social media-account when you are logged in to your account. If you are on a webpage that uses social media add-ins, your browser sends certain information to the provider of your social-media account. We do not control this data sharing.
We may ask you to participate in market research. We shall use your data for the market research. We use that statistic data anonymously for The Camper Hub. You can close the question list at any moment. We do not share your answers with others or make them publicly available. In addition, your answers are not connected to your e-mail address.
If you participate to a campaign or contest, we ask the following data: Name, phone number and email address. This way, we can carry out the campaign and announce prize-winners. We also measure the responses to our advertising.
Some campers are equipped with a device. If that is the case, it is clearly indicated on the website. With the device data can be collected about the location, speed, g-force, battery status and, in some cases, the engine management system of the caravan or camper. These (personal) data are processed by The Camper Hub to:
• Offer, if you wish, personalized services to enhance your holiday experience;
• To support, if you wish, you during your holiday and in the use of the caravan or camper;
• To be able to prevent mechanical failure and to be able to provide you with good service in the unlikely event that something happens;
• Provide the lessor with insight into the status of the caravan or motorhome;
• Reduce theft and damage and thus keep the insurance costs low. The (personal) data collected by The Camper Hub are processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act. The personal data mentioned above will only be shared with: • The lessor of the caravan or camper, and
For your order we need your name, e-mail address, address(es) and payment details. We will register, save and process your details to process your order efficiently and correctly. If necessary, we will also use that data for a subsequent guarantee. While processing your order we provide relevant personal data like described in “With whom do we share your personal data?”
We work hard to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use or destruction. That way, unauthorized persons do not have access to your data. We take the following measures to protect your personal data:
• Encryption of digital files that contain personal data
• Secure network connections with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or a technology that is similar to SSL
• The access to the data is limited to the persons that need the data
• NDA’s for employees
• Back-ups of the data
How Long Do We Store Your Data?
We shall store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We may share your personal data with others. In a data processing agreement, we shall agree with those parties that they shall use your data carefully and they shall only receive the data that is relevant for their services. These parties use your data in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes.
Third Party Applications You Connect Your Camper Hub account – If you connect your Camper Hub account to a Third-Party Application, such as, for example social media, insurances, camping platforms, agenda providers, The Camper Hub may share your user data so you can connect your Camper Hub account.
Third Party Applications you use to log into The Camper Hub – If you log into a Third-Party Application using your Camper Hub account credentials, then the Third-Party Application may have access to certain user data.
Service Providers and Others – We use technical service providers who can manage the technical infrastructure we need to host, manage, store and maintain The Camper Hub service, its content and the data we process, or improve the website. We use technical service providers to help us communicate with you and each other. We use marketing and advertising partners to show you more tailored content, or to help us understand your use of The Camper Hub service, to provide you with a better service. We may also share personal information with certain marketing and advertising partners to send you promotional material about The Camper Hub. We use service providers from the financial sector to give you the options to make, receive and administer payments. We use service providers from the automotive industry to offer insurance solutions that improve The Camper Hub service or provide insight into the state of vehicles being offered.
We will only process your data within the European Union. We will only process your data outside of the European Union if the country has an effective protection level for your data. We will never transfer your data to other countries or other parties then described above.
You may find advertising or other content on our Website and in our App that link to other websites. We do not control the content on these websites and are not responsible for the content or the privacy protection of these websites. We advise you to read the privacy policies of those websites.
• your items are kept in the shopping cart
• you are logged in and be able to shop without hindrance
• you shop safely at The Camper Hub
• you are able to read and write reviews
• the Website works efficiently
• we are able to track bugs, errors and abuse on our Website
• we can test improvements
• we can advise you based on your former views and/or purchases
• you can share items via social media such as Facebook and Google
• you receive complete local information You can change your cookie settings in your browser if you don’t want cookies to be sent to your device. We will not save cookies if you visit our Website. Please note that some Website features or services of our Website may not function properly without cookies.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
• Account related cookies
• Login related cookies
• Booking processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your booking is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
• Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
• This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
• Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
• From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
• As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
• The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
• We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
• Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
• We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
You have the right to request:
• information about how your personal data is processed
• a copy of that personal data
• that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
• raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
• request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
• ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.